Criminal Cases – Weapons Charges
Weapons Charges Attorney San Jose, CA
Weapons charges in California are handled very aggressively. Whether it involves a firearm, knife, pepper spray, or some other type of weapon, district attorney’s are able to file independent weapons charges or add weapons enhancements to other charges. The consequences often include large fines, prison time, and a criminal record that follows you for many years. Common types of gun and weapons offenses include, but aren’t limited to, the following:
- Gun possession, which includes concealed, loaded, and without a permit
- Brandishing, discharging, and/or selling a firearm
- Using a gun as part of a crime, such as a robbery, assault, or drug offense
- Possession of an assault weapon
- Possession of an illegal weapon (i.e., nunchucks, brass knuckles, daggers, other martial arts weapons)
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
- Possession of pepper spray
- Possession of a switchblade or butterfly knife
The type of weapon, the action conducted with the weapon, whether the weapon was concealed or loaded, and the defendant’s criminal record will also be taken into consideration for the charge.
If you or a loved one is up against a gun or weapons charge, get in touch with a weapons charges attorney in San Jose as soon as possible. The quicker you secure legal representation, the better the outcome for your case. Schedule a free consultation with weapons charges attorney Brendan Barrett today.
Get A Free Consultation
Just Call Or Fill Out The Form Below