About Brendan Barrett
Aggressive. Honest. Compassionate.
Effective criminal defense is no simple task. It is highly involved, requiring a dedication and perseverance beyond that of any other practice area. It demands the most of its lawyers as they must be knowledgeable about investigative research, well-versed in several areas of law, and quick on their feet in court. It requires that attorneys be calming, understanding and compassionate to their clients without sacrificing their aggressive stance in front of the prosecution.
Brendan Barrett offers it all.
Combining great customer service, a solid knowledge of the legal landscape, and a personable nature that you just don’t find in your average lawyer: Brendan Barrett truly enjoys what he does, and it shows. Because he is committed to ensuring that you get the representation you deserve, Brendan won’t take on a case that he doesn’t believe he can help. Earning multiple "Super-Lawyer Awards" for Excellence in Practice, the Pro Bono Publico Award, and the Public Interest Clearinghouse Award, it’s no secret that Brendan will do what it takes to help his clients. In this way, he has built trust in the San Jose and Greater Bay Area communities with clients who refer to him in glowing terms. Call or write today for your free consultation, and see what Brendan can do for you.
We understand that legal issues can be confusing, stressful and frustrating. Our goal is to make dealing with them as convenient and painless as possible with an attorney who you genuinely get along with.
- 2014/2015 Super Lawyer for Excellence in Practice (Magazine award)
- Pro Bono Publico Award – Recognizing outstanding service to the community through the provision of voluntary legal assistance to those in need
- Public Interest Clearinghouse Certificate – Recognizing exceptional commitment to social justice and public interest
- University of San Francisco School of Law, JD
- Boston University, B.A. Political Science/History
- Oxford University, Hilary Honors Program
- Earl Carter & Associates, San Jose, CA
- Santa Clara County Public Defender’s Office, San Jose, CA
- San Francisco Public Defender’s Office, San Francisco, CA
- Santa Clara County Superior Court, San Jose, CA
Hobbies & Interests
Our clients love Brendan because Brendan loves meeting new people, and it shows. From skiing to basketball to live music and adventure, Brendan is able to relate to his clients on multiple levels so that they feel comfortable coming to him. He speaks conversational Spanish and is an avid writer, and as he says, “I refuse to tread lightly through life only to arrive safely at death.”
Call Brendan Barrett today and see how he can fight for your criminal defense or personal injury case.